production and almost 100% of electronic media production However, advertising has deviated from its original purpose of informing the public about new products • E.g. Use of photoshop • E.g. ‘Sex sells’ Agent Provocateur lingerie got sexy pop icon Kylie Minogue to ride wildly on a mechanical bull and challenge the men in the cinema to stand up to prove to everyone that they were not turned on • E.g. Terms and Conditions of financial advertisements always printed in small font • E.g.
Jobs wrangled a visit to PARC in exchange for offering Xerox an opportunity to invest in Apple. Xerox didn’t know how to capitalize on the exciting things going on at PARC, but Jobs did. Jobs carefully observed the PARC computer screen ﬁlled with icons, pull-down menus, and overlapping windows—all controlled 100092 01 015-040 r1 go.qxp 5/13/11 9:56 AM Page 20 20 DISRUPTIVE INNOVATION STARTS WITH YOU by the click of a mouse. “What we saw was incomplete and ﬂawed,” Jobs said,“but
ROI, 50 percent chance of ROI, and 20 percent chance of ROI. For example, for proposal #1 (Dalai Lama) there is an 80 percent chance that it will earn at least 8 percent return on investment (ROI), a 50-50 chance the ROI will be 18 percent, and a 20 percent chance that the ROI will be 24 percent. FILM PROPOSALS PROJECT PROPOSAL 1: MY LIFE WITH DALAI LAMA An animated, biographical account of the Dalai Lama’s childhood in Tibet based on the popular children’s book Tales from Nepal. The Lama’s