preview

The Importance Of Concussions In Sports

Decent Essays
Have you ever played a sport, that injured you or give you a concussion? Safety always comes first. Especially, when you're doing something that can get you an injury really easy. Having protective gear is important, mainly in sports. Some sports should have protective head gear. Protecting your head is important, and every part in it. Half of the sports are usually contact sports, which getting hurt in the head can be more of the chance, which is bad. As well, getting hurt in the head has many consequences which no one wants to have. Many athletes get concussions and it’s not good. 90 percent of the times, the person is conscious while having a concussion, the other 10 percent, there are unconscious. Therefore, protective head-gear…show more content…
There are three rules, you should follow, when you have a concussion. First, Recognize, which you have to know the symptoms and the signs of concussion. Then Report, tell your coach, athletic trainer or your parents about our symptoms. Last is to Rest, take off from our sports, other activities, and maybe even schoolwork, until everything goes back to normal. Knowing these three rules, are important so, if you have a concussion, you know what to do.
Having concussion during sports, is very serious and need care right away. Many head impacts and concussions are caused by contact sports. If the person doesn’t tell and needs help right way, the damage can become more serious. To help an injured player, from getting a concussion, the coach, athletic trainer, and parents need to know that these players need protective headgear for their safety. In Source B, it states, “ CDC reports show that the amount of reported concussions has doubled in the last 10 years. The American Academy of Pediatrics has reported that emergency room visits for concussions in kids ages 8 to 13 years old has doubled, and concussions have risen 200 percent among teens ages 14 to 19 in the last decade.” Therefore, kids and teens are getting concussions in the activities there are doing. For example, in high school football, many concussions happen in practice, and in the games. 47 percent is in games, and 33 percent is in practice. Every year, the number of concussions double up. Few sports statics
Get Access