The United States Healthcare System

1590 Words7 Pages
The United States Healthcare system is different from other countries for a variety of reasons. Other wealthy developed countries have a national insurance programs based on global budgets. There are three basic models for the structure of their National Healthcare Systems. These programs, mostly cover all citizens in those countries. In contrast, the United States is yet to develop such a healthcare system. Two programs which impact the United States healthcare system is Medicare and Medicaid. The United States has different external factors which influence and shape the system. This paper will evaluate the key differences between the United States healthcare system and other nation’s healthcare systems. The differences between Medicare and Medicaid programs will be analyzed. Lastly, how managed care reduces the overall cost of care the Florida Medicare form will be discussed.
The United States healthcare system is influenced by political climate, economic development, technological progress, social and cultural values, current health trends, and demographics. It has no central agency to run it and is financed privately. According to the textbook, employers provide 53% of total healthcare expenditures while the remaining 47% is financed by the government. In the United States, the majority of the hospitals and physician clinics are autonomous of the government. Without a central agency to monitor total healthcare expenditures the federal and state government impact the
Open Document