Online Learning Environment Scavenger Hunt
Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success. GCU’s Learning Management System (LMS) LoudCloud has many resources to help you become a successful graduate student.
View the LoudCloud Walk to Class Tutorial as well as search LoudCloud to find answers to the questions below. You should complete the guide while navigating the LoudCloud environment.
Part A: Answer each prompt
1. List the tabs and other items on the screen when you first enter a course in LoudCloud.
The things I see on the screen are: calendar, tasks, resources, connect, reports, and announcements. I also see a calendar, forums, assignments,…show more content… Using this standard format will allow our readers to focus on our ideas instead being distracted by unfamiliar text and formats. I think the format shows that you are aware of your audience and helps establish your credibility. It also provides guidelines and protects against plagiarism.
4. Under the “Resources” Tab in LoudCloud, click on the “Student Success Center." Under which tab in the Student Success Center can you find official Microsoft Tutorials for their software products? Tools for Success is where I think I can find these items.
5. Under the “Resources” Tab in LoudCloud, inside the “Student Success Center," click on the “Tools for Success” tab at the top. What video might be most helpful to you under the “Success Webinars” section?
The video most helpful to me would be the video on Time Management.
6. From the course home page in LoudCloud, find where you can see your current grade in the course.
You can see the current grade by clicking on the gradebook tab.
7. Click on the “Resources” Tab in the classroom. Click on “Syllabus." What are all the different sections found in the Syllabus? Look at the “Overall” and “Current” sections of the syllabus. (Hint: they might be the orange sections on the left of the screen.)
The sections are objectives, topic materials, assignments, discussion questions, and participation. There is also details, credit hours,