In this course, students explore the foundation of business by reviewing topics regarding the structure and culture of the modern business environment. Additional topics include the evolution of business, the role of business ethics, communication, technology, operations, leadership, and human resources. Upon completion, students are better prepared to make informed decisions regarding their educational and professional goals.
Faculty and students/learners will be held responsible for understanding and adhering to all policies contained…show more content… 10
Discussion Questions Respond to weekly discussion questions. Day 2
Day 4 10
Code of Ethics Resource: Ch. 5 of Introduction to Business
Imagine that you are starting your own company. What will be the ethical code of your company?
Write a 200- to 300-word ethical code of conduct listing the rules and principles that your company will use in decision-making.
Provide a brief explanation of why you selected each rule and principle. Day 3 20
Week Four: The Human Side of Business Details Due Points
Objectives 4.1 Describe the roles and behaviors of entrepreneurs, managers, and employees.
4.2 Outline the four functions of management.
4.3 Examine a business plan using SWOT analysis.
Roles and Behaviors/4 Functions of Management Roles and Behaviors/Functions of Management
Throughout this course you examine various aspects of business by creating a fictional business. You use the business you created to explore how the different functions of business may affect a company.
• Resource: Ch. 3 of Introduction to Business
• Review the four main functions of management, which are planning, organizing, leading, and controlling, on pp. 78–82 of Introduction to Business.
• Complete Appendix B by writing a paragraph explaining your fictional company.
• Describe the main roles and behaviors of the entrepreneurs, managers, and employees your company might have.
• Answer the following question after you