Executive summary This report explores the gender pay gap in Australia, looking at why there is a gender pay gap and how that gender pay gap might be redressed. The gender pay gap is a complex issue with multiple causes. Therefore, its complexity defies a simple policy response. What is needed to rectify the gender pay gap is a bi-partisan approach across multiple sectors and throughout the wider community. This report identifies three key policy options supported Women’s Electoral Lobby. Those
Equal Pay and the Issue of “Ladybucks” No matter your gender, profession or where you live, you are affected by the gender pay gap. Gender inequality refers to the unequal treatment or perceptions of individuals based on their gender. (NYC Gender, 1). According to the report prepared by the Joint Economic Committee in April 2016, “The ratio of women’s to men’s median earnings – known as the “gender earnings ratio” is approximately 79 percent. That leaves a difference in earnings of 21 percent
These days, people can get fired up about the littlest things. Stories buzz around gaining controversy faster than ever before thanks to social media. Lately, everyone squaring up to fight over a cake. A cake? Yes. A wedding cake, actually. In 2012, A Colorado baker by the name of Jack Phillips turned away a gay couple requesting a cake for their wedding. At the time, gay marriage was not yet legalized in Colorado. The couple, David Mullins and Charlie Craig, were inflamed and embarrassed. Recently
put in place to ensure the convention happens. Legislation is a set of laws passed by parliament. If these laws are broken, the individual that has done so may be charged with the crime. The Equality act 2010 was put into place to prevent discrimination taking place towards employees because of any factors that may be present such as their race, gender, sexuality, disability or any other factors. This could be in employment and access to services within the hospital. This law applies to any public
take race, ethnicity, or gender into consideration in an attempt to promote equal opportunity or increase ethnic or other forms of diversity. The focus of such policies ranges from employment and education to public contracting and health programs. The impetus towards affirmative action is twofold: to maximize diversity in all levels of society, along with its presumed benefits, and to redress perceived disadvantages due to overt, institutional, or involuntary discrimination. Affirmative Action
determine her sexuality. Sexuality is a deep, integral part of any human’s life. This should not be a subject of coercion or debate. The society must recognize that a woman has the right to freely pre-determine her sexuality without oppression and discrimination (Burn, 2004). Traditionally, women throughout history and culture have undertaken the role of independent, non-heterosexual, women-connected existence.
Table of Content • Introduction • What is racism? • History of Racism in Australia • Effects • Causes • Where does racism come from? • Who experiences racism? • What can be done to fight racism? • Where does racism come from? • Graph • Solution • Conclusion • Bibliography Racism Report INTO: The Immigration Restriction Act of 1901 led to the limitation of non-European migration, which became known as White Australian Policy .In 1901, 98% of people in Australia were white. Australia wanted
managing business in a world without frontiers, or perhaps the frontiers are different from what first thought. Cultural diversity includes language, race, ethnicity, value and religious practices, political views as well as social and familial responsibilities. Thus, in organizational context, Magoshi and Chang (2009.32) broadly define
Define and describe the concept of Human Rights and Bill of Rights Human rights are held by all people equally and universally from the time they are born until the day they die. You cannot lose these rights any more than you can cease being human. In claiming these rights, everyone also accepts the responsibility not to infringe on the rights of others and to support those whose rights are abused or denied. These rights are enshrined in the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights.