Yeast Research Paper

Decent Essays
Our colons are populated by a large colony of bacteria, which assists in the final stages of digestion and the manufacturing of some vitamin B. The vast majority of these bacteria (about 80%) are considered 'friendly'. The remaining 20% are yeast organisms known as Candida Albicans. Yeast is a fungi, and it lives all over the body and on all the mucous membranes, especially in the colon.
Yeast has a job to do, just like all the other flora in the gut.
Yeast is harmless when the gut is healthy. The growth is kept in check by the friendly lacto bacteria in the gut and by a healthy immune system. The problem starts when these regulating factors are disturbed and enables the yeast to multiply. Yeast is a highly opportunistic organism which will take
…show more content…
The drug may suppress their functions, but as soon as it is discontinued, they revert back to normal.
There are four things that can be done to kill the yeast:
1. Stop feeding the yeast. Avoid eating:
-All bakery products, except soda or unleavened bread (unless there is an allergy to wheat).
-Alcoholic beverages
-Drinks: citrus fruit drinks and juices, malted milk, malted drinks, tea, coffee, root beer, ginger beer.
-Cereals: malted cereals, malted dairy foods for babies, cereals enriched with vitamins.
-Condiments: pickles and pickled foods, salad dressings, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, French dressing, mustard, ketchup, sauerkraut, olives, chilli peppers, tamari, soy sauce, vinegar, Worcester sauce.
-Dairy products: all cheese products, buttermilk and milk enriched with vitamins.
-Fungi: mushrooms, mushroom sauce, truffles, etc. contain organisms closely related to yeast.
-Meat products: hamburgers, sausages and cooked meats made with bread or breadcrumbs.
-Yeast extracts: Bisto, Marmite, Oxo, Bovril, Vegemite, gravy browning, etc.
-Vitamins: vitamin B preparations are likely to be derived from yeast, unless otherwise
Get Access