2. Calculate the number of moles of H2 produced when 0.500 g og Mg(s) and 500. mL of 0.200 M HCl are reacted.
3. What is the concentration of all ionic species present when 100. mL of 0.200 M NH4OH and 100. mL of 0.200 M H2SO4 are mixed.
4. Determine the mass of CuS formed when 100. mL of 0.100 M H2S and 50.0 mL of 0.150 M Cu(C2H3O2)2 are reacted. What is the concentration of C2H3O2- in the resulting solution?
5. 18.0 g of zinc is added to 100. mL of 0.200M HBr.
a) Will all of the zinc dissolve?
b) What will be the concentration of Br- in the resulting solution(after any reaction takes place)?
6. A 1.25 g sample of impure sodium carbonate requires 18.20 mL of 0.480 M HCl to become completely neutralized. What is the percentage of the sodium carbonate in the original sample?
7. 35.0 mL of 0.325 M AgNO3 is added to 50.0 mL of 0.125 M MgCl2. Assuming all volumes are additive, what will be the molarity of all ions in the solution after mixing and after any reaction takes place?(AgCl is not present as ions since it is insoluble.)
8. 50.0 mL of a solution of HCl is combined with 100.0 mL of 1.15 M NaOH in a calorimeter. The reaction mixture is initially at 22.4°C and the final temperature after reaction is 31.2°C. What is the molarity of the HCl solution?[You may assume that there is an excess of base(so all of the HCl has reacted), that the specific heat of the reaction mixture is 0.96 cal/g°C, and that the density of the reaction mixture is 1.02g/mL. The heat of neutralization of HCl and NaOH is 13.6 kcal/mol.]
9. What would be the final temperature if 55.0g of H2O at 30°C is added to 45.0g of H20 at 95°C?(Assume no loss of heat to the surroundings.
10. 100.g of Cu at 100°C is added to 150.g of H2O at 10.0°C. If the specific heat of copper is 0.389 J/g°C, what will be the final temperature of the water and copper mixture?
11. Calculate the amount of coke,(carbon) needed to be burned in order to heat 500.kg of water from 20°C to 50°C. The heat of combustion of coke is 36.15 kJ/g.
12. From the table of standard heats of formation, ΔHf°, values, calculate ΔH° for the combustion of ethanol according to the reaction:
C2H5OH(l) + 3 O2(g) -> 2 CO2(g) + 3 H2O(l)
13. What is the volume of 10.0 g of H2(g) at 27°C and 640 mm Hg pressure?
14. A tank with a volume of 20.0 L contains 80.0 g of O2(g) at 37° C. What is the pressure of the gas in atmospheres?
15. What is the density of F2(g) at 47° C and 700 torr?
16. The density of a gas is found to be 1.45 g/L at 27° C and 0.900 atm. What is the molar mass of the gas?
17. A compound is found to contain 12.8% C, 2.12% H, and 85.1% Br, If one liter of the gas(measured at STP) weighs 8.38g, what is the molecular formula of the C, H, and Br containing compound?
18. What is the volume of 10.0g of H2(g) at 27°C and 640 mm Hg pressure?
19. A tank with a volume of 20.0 L contains 80.0g of O2(g) at 37°C. What is the pressure of the gas in the atmospheres?
20. Carbon monoxide and hydrogen react according to the reaction:
CO(g) + 3 H2(g)= CH4(g) + H2O(g)
When 1.000 mol CO and 3.000 mol H2 are placed in a 10.00 L vessel at 927°C (1200K) and allowed to come to equilibrium, the mixture is found to contain 0.387 mol H2O. What is Kc for this reaction at 927°C?
21. In the contrast process, sulfuric acid is manufactured by first oxidizing SO2 to SO3, that is then reacted with water. The reaction of SO2 with oxygen is:
2 SO2(g) + O2(g)= 2 SO3(g)
22. A 2.000 L flask was filled with 0.04000 mol SO2 and 0.02000 mol O2. At equilibrium at 900K, the flask contained 0.0296 mol SO3.
a.) What is the value of Kc for this reaction at 900K?
b) What is the equilibrium pressure of SO2 in the vessel?
23. Nitric oxide, NO, is formed in automobile exhaust by the reaction of N2 and O2 in air.
N2(g) + O2(g)= 2 NO(g)
Kc for this reaction at 2127°C is 0.0025. If 1.00 mol of N2 and 1.00 mol O2 are placed in a 2.00 L container at 2127°C, what will be the equilibrium concentration of each gas(in mol/L)?
24. IBr decomposes according to the reaction at 150°C:
2 IBr(g)= I2(g) + Br2(g)
25. If IBr is placed in the container at an initial pressure of 5.0 atm, what will be its equilibrium pressure at 150°C? Kp= 8.3x10^-3
Q: A student placed 0.200 mol of PCl3 (g) and 0.100 mol of Cl2 (g) into a 1.00 liter container at 250 o...
A: Equilibrium constant is defined ratio of equilibrium concentrations of products to that reactants ra...
Q: Question 4 of chapter 4, General Chemistry: Principles and Modern Apps by Petrucci Balance th...
A: (a)The chemical reaction of sulphur dioxide gas with oxygen gas to produce sulphur trioxide gas is g...
Q: Grignard Reactions Provide the structure of the major organic product in the reaction shown below. 1...
A: The Grignard Reaction is the addition of an organomagnesium halide (Grignard reagent) to a ketone or...
Q: A 140.0 g sample of water at 25.0°C is mixed with 100.0 g of a metal at 100.0°C. After thermal equil...
A: The change in energy of a system is given by,
Q: What number of mole and mass of silver oxide, Ag2O, is required to produce 17.85 g of silver sulfadi...
A: The given reaction shows that the reacting ratio of Ag2O to AgC10H9N4SO2 is 1:2.Find the number of m...
Q: Question 10 of Chapter 4, General Chemistry: Principles and Modern Apps by Petrucci Write balance...
A: A balanced chemical equation is used to represent the given chemical reaction in the forms of symbol...
Q: In the electron transport chain, the hydrogen ions enter the inner compartment of mitochondria throu...
A: For aerobic respiration, the electron transport chain is embedded in the inner membrane of the mitoc...
Q: sodium chloride is 39.34% sodium . what mass of sodium chloride will contain 2.00 g of chloride .
A: Given that the percentage of sodium in sodium chloride is 39.34 %. Then the percentage of chlorine i...
Q: the energy nano ther required for the last ionization step-that is, 11.42 are a 79+ Hg(g)Hg0(g)e 80+...
A: The relation between m and nm is as follows:1m=109 nmThus,162nm=162×10-9 mThe relation between frequ...