Interpretation: The diagram that represents
- a) Work is done on the system and
- b) Heat is released by the system and positive
- c) Heat is absorbed by the system and positive has to be shown.
First law of thermodynamics:
The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can be either destroyed or created but instead it can be converted from one form to other.
The equation for the first law of thermodynamics can be given as,
- If system gains heat, then = positive.
- If work is done on the system, then = positive.
- If system loses heat, then = negative.
- If work is done by the system, then = negative.