Computer based information system:
Computer Based Information System (CBIS) denotes a data processing system into high-quality information and could be used as a tool that supports visualization, analysis, decision-making, control and co-ordination.
Types of computer based information system:
- Management Information System (MIS):
- A management information system is an organized collection for software, database, devices, people, and procedures.
- It provides routine information to managers and decision makers.
- Transaction Processing System (TPS):
- A transaction processing system denotes a kind of information system.
- It gathers, stores, retrieves and alters enterprise’s data transactions.
- Executive Support System (ESS):
- It denotes a management support system type that would enable and cares senior executive information.
- It supports for requirements of decision-making.
- Decision Support System (DSS):
- It inclines to be aimed at less well-structured problem confronted by upper level managers.
- It efforts to combine usage of models or techniques with functions of data access as well as retrieval.