BuyFindarrow_forward

Welding: Principles and Applicatio...

8th Edition
Larry Jeffus
ISBN: 9781305494695

Solutions

Chapter
Section
BuyFindarrow_forward

Welding: Principles and Applicatio...

8th Edition
Larry Jeffus
ISBN: 9781305494695
Textbook Problem
15 views

What is the heat distribution with DCEP welding current?

To determine

The heat distribution with Direct Current Electrode Positive (DCEP) welding current.

Explanation

DCEP stands for Direct Current Electrode Positive. It is produced when the electrode of a welding unit is connected to the positive terminal and the workpiece is connected to the negative terminal.

When the electrons start to flow from the negative terminal to the positive side, that means from workpiece to the electrode, about 70% of heat is generated near the electrode. The remaining 30% heat is generated on the workpiece. This causes a great damage to the electrode and hence reduces the working life of the electrode

Still sussing out bartleby?

Check out a sample textbook solution.

See a sample solution

The Solution to Your Study Problems

Bartleby provides explanations to thousands of textbook problems written by our experts, many with advanced degrees!

Get Started

Additional Engineering Solutions

Find more solutions based on key concepts

Show solutions add

A dimension listed on an engineering drawing is known as the _______ _______.

Precision Machining Technology (MindTap Course List)

A Pitot tube is a device commonly used in a wind tunnel to measure the speed of the air flowing over a model. T...

Engineering Fundamentals: An Introduction to Engineering (MindTap Course List)

What is the maximum capacity of a T1 line?

Network+ Guide to Networks (MindTap Course List)

What are the three types of results that a subquery can return?

Database Systems: Design, Implementation, & Management

Name the types of software used by various functional units in an enterprise.

Enhanced Discovering Computers 2017 (Shelly Cashman Series) (MindTap Course List)

Define the term big data.

Principles of Information Systems (MindTap Course List)

Are top managers likely to be more effective if they have IT experience? Why or why not?

Systems Analysis and Design (Shelly Cashman Series) (MindTap Course List)