Interpretation: Number of atoms present in the Iodine -131 should be calculated
- Half-life period: The time required to reduce the half of its original value.
- This is denoted by:
- This term is popularly use in nuclear chemistry, to describe the stability & instability of atoms or radioactive decay.
- For determination of first order rate constant K in half –life period we use
- The half-life in first order does not depend upon the initial concentration.
- Age calculation:
- Calculate the age and rate constant:
To Determine: Number of atoms present in the Iodine -131 by using the given data.
Half-life period of