BuyFindarrow_forward

Accounting Information Systems

11th Edition
Ulric J. Gelinas + 3 others
ISBN: 9781337552127

Solutions

Chapter
Section
BuyFindarrow_forward

Accounting Information Systems

11th Edition
Ulric J. Gelinas + 3 others
ISBN: 9781337552127
Textbook Problem

Although today’s enterprise systems incorporate many of the REA concepts, many organizations continue to use legacy systems. Why do you believe this is true? (Although the obvious answer is in the chapter, you may want to look to other sources to support your answer.)

Summary Introduction

To explain: The reason why Person X believes it is true.

Introduction:

Relational database:

It is a collection of multiple data sets constituted by rows, columns, and tables. It aids in developing a well-established relationship between different database tables. Information is shared between these tables for efficient use.

Explanation

The reason why Person X believes it is true:

The cost of converting to the new systems will be the major issue. Firms must look at the possible incremental costs and the incremental benefits. If a legacy system is providing 95% of the information needed to run a company, the cost involved in developing the hardware, software, is worth picking up the remaining 5% or not is the question to ponder...

Still sussing out bartleby?

Check out a sample textbook solution.

See a sample solution

The Solution to Your Study Problems

Bartleby provides explanations to thousands of textbook problems written by our experts, many with advanced degrees!

Get Started

Additional Business Solutions

Find more solutions based on key concepts

Show solutions add

Would you rather have a savings account that pays 5% interest compounded semiannually or one that pays 5% inter...

Fundamentals of Financial Management, Concise Edition (with Thomson ONE - Business School Edition, 1 term (6 months) Printed Access Card) (MindTap Course List)