A Study On Republica De Cuba

3177 WordsAug 18, 201513 Pages
REPUBLICA DE CUBA The economy as a whole has a general unemployment rate of 4.3% out of a labor force of 5.233 million. In 2013 the majority of the workers were in the state sector at 72.3%, and the rest in the non state sector at 27.7%. This is a change from 2011 when the majority of the workers were in services at 63.2%. The other two sections split between agriculture at 19.7%, and industry at 17.1%. The industrial market consist of sugar, petroleum, tobacco, construction steel, cement, agricultural machinery, pharmaceuticals, and nickel. The natural resources are cobalt, nickel, iron ore, copper, manganese, salt, timber, silica, petroleum, and arable land. The agricultural market consists of sugar, tobacco, citrus, coffee, rice,…show more content…
There are 8 import countries that are “China, Venezuela, Spain, US, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico”. There are two official currencies in Cuba. They are the Cuban convertible peso (known as the Cuban dollar) and the peso. The convertible peso was introduced to reduce the circulation of foreign currency and serves as a tourist currency (originally equal to one U.S. dollar). Cubans citizens are paid a portion of their wages in each of the currencies. They primarily use the Cuban peso. You will only find Cuban money available, and changed Cuban banks and official exchange bureau in order to avoid scams and confusion between the two currencies. The average income per citizen is $10,200 while the economy continues growth rate is 3.1% with an inflation rate of 6%. The literacy rate of 99.8% as of 2011 estimated from a 97% back in 2008. There are 8 ports and harbors in Cuba. They are Antilla, Cienfuegos, Guantanamo, Havana, Matanzas, Mariel, Nuevitas Bay, and Santiago de Cuba. As of 2011 the railways equaled 8,203 km (5,097 miles) while roadways equaled to 60,858 km (37,815 miles) total; paved: 29,820 km (18,529 miles) and 31,038 km (19,286 miles) of unpaved. This includes 638 km (396 miles) of expressway. There is 240km (149 miles) of Waterways and as of 2013 133 airports. Over three quarters of Cuba’s food is imported from other countries. (worldfacts.us/Cuba.htm) (The CIA World Fact
Open Document