The Support For Gun Rights

1156 WordsSep 28, 20155 Pages
Blake Jordan Gehrls English IV 29 October 2015 The Support for Gun Rights “The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” –Alexander Hamilton. The Support for gun rights has increased to 70% of American citizens in 2013. The 70% of Americans claim that they feel safer with gun in their home. The other remaining citizens believe that guns make the home more dangerous. Gun control cannot assure the safety of our country and is unnecessary because we have the right to bear arms, the right to self-defense, and if guns are taken away people will still find them. (Kohut 1) Our founding fathers wrote our constitution as a basis for our country. The constitution has the rules that we as citizens should abide by. The majority of our country supports the constitution and respects the rules for our country. Support for gun rights has stayed higher than support for gun control because of the constitution. The second amendment states: "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a Free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." People who support gun control are asking that we as a country should change our constitution. The support for the second amendment was collected in a national survey. 82% of citizens claim that they support the second amendment. The other 18% believe that we should have a different rule for firearms in

More about The Support For Gun Rights

Open Document