4.. Branding: An Introduction Lo2 & 3 Report.. Introduction.

1873 WordsFeb 28, 20178 Pages
4 Branding: An Introduction LO2 & 3 Report Introduction Lush Ltd. is a cosmetics retailer headquartered in Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom. The company was founded by Mark Constantine, a trichologist and Liz Weir, a beauty therapist. They met in a hair and beauty salon in Poole, England. A few years later, they decided to branch out and start their own business selling natural hair and beauty products. They formed a company named Constantine & Weir in the early '80s and developed a number of recipes for bath and beauty products and were a major supplier to The Body Shop. The Body Shop then paid £11 million for the rights of Constantine & Weir 's recipes. The Body Shop 's purchase of their product formulas forbade Mark and Liz from…show more content…
Lush produces creams, soaps, shampoos, shower gels, lotions, moisturizers, scrubs, masks and other cosmetics for the face, hair, and body using only vegetarian or vegan recipes. Lush are also known for their bath bombs which are solid bars of sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, essential oils and natural butters that fizz out and can produce an array of colours, Lush’s products are also not tested on animals as they are strongly against this. Lush’s passion is to get rid of packaging when designing a product. They use as little packaging in the shops as possible and give you the choice to have no packaging at all. About half of their products can be taken home with no packaging. They save nearly 6 million plastic bottles globally from selling shampoo bars alone. When packaging is unavoidable, they prefer to use recycled materials. 90%, by weight, of their packaging material is recycled and they are working on the remaining 10%. Most Lush products are to be stored at room temperature, with the exception of their Fresh Face Masks, which require refrigeration due to the absence of preservatives and the main ingredients being fruits and vegetables, these products have best before dates. Stores do not typically sell products older than four or five months and most products have a shelf life of approximately 14 months, depending on the particular item The company marks its trademark black tub products with

More about 4.. Branding: An Introduction Lo2 & 3 Report.. Introduction.

Open Document