Causes Of Fire In A Rowhouse

Decent Essays
There has been a tragic fire in a rowhouse on Elgin Avenue last night in Centerville.
The fire broke out at about 11:15 p.m. in the bottom floor of the rowhouse at 1121 Elgin Ave. It quickly spread to the second floor where three people were sleeping.
Neighbors saw the flames and called the fire department, which arrived at about a quarter to twelve. It took fire fighters about a half an hour to fully put out all the flames.
Fire marshal Jack Peterson said, “The three people sleeping upstairs were a mother and her two children. The three were rushed to St. Joseph’s Hospital suffering from burns and smoke inhalation.
Peterson says, “It appears the fire was started by an accelerant on the houses’ ground floor. Neighbors told investigators they
Get Access