preview

Does The College Of Central Florida Have Sustainable Competitive Advantage?

Good Essays
Does the College of Central Florida have Sustainable Competitive Advantage?
Market Analysis
The Background of College of Central Florida In 1957, the city of Ocala, and Atlantic Realty Investment Company donated a 60-acre tract of land to establish the Central Florida Junior College. The increase of growth; required the college to expand to 140-acre tract. The college serves the tri-county area, Marion, Citrus, and Levy counties. In 1966, Central Florida Junior College merged with Hampton Junior College. In 1971, the college changed the name to Central Florida Community College, to reflect the purpose of the college to serve the tri-county area. In 2010, the name changed to College of Central Florida. “As a public institution, the school is dedicated to providing a quality education at low cost, ensuring that residents in its service area have their educational, cultural and professional needs met” (2015, College of Central Florida).
In 1982, the Bronson Center opened on a 20-acre tract of land. In 1993, the campus re-located to the Levy Center, and the enrollment continues to increase beyond the capacity level. The center had received a donation, 2.2 million dollars from a private citizen for the permanent site of the Levy Center. In 2014, the college received the funding, from the legislature for the permanent site of the Levy Center. In 2016, the construction expected to be completed; the Applied Welding Technologies program is currently located at this site.
In 1996,
Get Access