Key points of reference for this exercise should be:
• the host Member State should be responsible for security of the EU Institution it hosts, general understanding on the matter is regulated with Headquarters Agreement each EU Institution has
• any raise of the level of threat in the Host Member State should be reflected in increased activity of its security forces to detect and prevent terrorist attacks on its territory. EU Member State uses all available tools of international police cooperation and has the capability to prevent criminal activity including terrorist attacks.
• regular exchange of information between the Host Member State security forces and the EU Institution security staff enables the EU Institution security staff …show more content…
All persons enter and leave the security area following the strictly enforced access control.
Elements of the access control policy should contain rules on:
- reception and screening (verification that the person entering the premises is not carrying any weapon, explosive or instrument that could be used to cause harm to persons or damage),
- accreditation (certifying that staff and various types of non-staff have the right to have access to a EU Institution),
- registration (confirmation of the identity through the presentation of a valid document and logging of the data by the security staff)
- badging (issuance of a badge allowing for restricted or unrestricted access to the premises).
It is also important to verify the existence of the following conditions for reception and screening facilities:
- they are placed away from the main office building and preferably on the edge of secure perimeter,
- there is a system implemented to verify the credentials of EU Institution staff and visitors by a visual check of a badge by a member of security staff or with a card reader,
- separate ways of entry for EU Institution staff and visitors are established.
- queuing systems and other crowd control mechanisms are in place to enable an orderly access of the appropriate number of visitors,
- the reception area has enough space to position the necessary amount of screening equipment.
Access control policy should also contain specific rules for screening of
Click here to unlock this and over one million essaysGet Access
The registration allows to creating efficient tracking tools that are important for security status reporting in harmony with organizational policy.It could be registered with organizational or management offices
30. What is the process of confirming a user’s identity by using a known value, such as a password, pin number on a smart card, or user’s fingerprint or handprint in the case of biometric authentication? Authentication
(4) Ensure all officers, enlisted, and civilian personnel have undergone a local files check using DA Form 7281-R prior to their being granted unaccompanied access to the arms room. Ensure original DA Forms 7281-R (signed and annotated by the commander) are on file in the arms room.
access provided to work areas, are controls at a height which can easily be reached, Are toilets
1. Security personnel will be firm yet courteous, efficient and tactful at all times while in the performance of their duties. They will never engage in arguments with any person, and will refer disagreements and misunderstandings to Site in-Charge/Project Manger. Security personnel must read, fully understand and comply with all
(4) Ensure all officers/enlisted and civilian personnel have undergone a local files check using DA Form 7281-R prior to their being granted unaccompanied access to the arms room. Ensure original DA Forms 7281-R (signed and annotated by the commander) are on file in the arms room.
Companies can prevent falling victim to unauthorized physical access by developing and implementing simple policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines for employees as well as guests to follow. Secure all areas containing sensitive systems and/or data. Require staff to follow entrance procedures when entering a secured area. Also ensure that physical data such as important documents are secured. Require
Crime prevention through environmental design (CPTD) risk philosophy which is Natural Surveillance, Control of access, Establishment of territoriality, Activity support, Administrative control, Natural surveillance requires designing, arranging, and operating the workplace in a way that minimizes secluded areas. Making all areas inside and out side the facility easily observable allows for natural surveillannce. Natural Surveillance is a design concept directed primarily at keeping intruders under observation. It utilizes design features to increase the visibility of a property or building. The proper placement and design of windows, lighting, and landscaping increases the ability of those who care to observe intruders as well as regular users, and thus provides the opportunity to challenge inappropriate behavior or report it to the police or the property owner. When natural surveillance is used to its greatest advantage, it maximizes the potential to
There are many flaws with the current implemented strategies, and it can be very hard to find an evaluation of the effective done by the EU. When the EU looks at
The establishment of the European Union (EU) solidified a united political, economic, and defensive front creating a Supranational Organization (Lucas, 1999, no page). With the assistance of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the United States, the EU has developed a comprehensive security strategy responsible for leading the coalition’s objectives for mutual solidarity, global stabilization, and defense. To address security threats both regionally and globally set forth by the European Security Strategy (ESS), considerations were developed which encompass both cultural domains of geography and development.