preview

Uxbridge Research Paper

Satisfactory Essays
The Parliamentary Army garrisoned the town upon the outbreak of the English Civil War in 1642 and established their headquarters there. Uxbridge escorts recorded that the covered market was built in 1788, replacing a building constructed in 1561. The Grand Junction Canal opened in 1794, linking Uxbridge with Birmingham. By 1800 Uxbridge had become one of the most important market towns in Middlesex. The development of Uxbridge declined after the opening the Great Western Railway in 1838. Uxbridge escorts noticed that Harman’s Brewery was established in Uxbridge by George Harman in 1763. The eventual owners of the brewery, Courage, closed the headquarters in 1964. It was demolished as Uxbridge escorts reminded and replaced by a Budgen’s supermarket,
Get Access