Bmw Assignment

2363 Words10 Pages
BMW Type Aktiengesellschaft Traded as FWB: BMW Industry Automotive industry Founded 1916 Founder(s) Franz Josef Popp Headquarters Munich, Germany Area served Worldwide Key people Norbert Reithofer (CEO), Joachim Milberg (Chairman of the supervisory board) Products Automobiles, motorcycles, bicycles Revenue €60.48 billion (2010) Operating income €5.094 billion (2010) Profit €3.218 billion (2010) Total assets €108.87 billion (end 2010) Total equity €23.10 billion (end 2010) Employees 95,450 (end 2010) Subsidiaries Rolls-Royce Motor Cars BMW Motorrad Husqvarna Website bmw.com Company history Bavarian Motor Works is a German automobile, motorcycle and engine manufacturing company founded in…show more content…
The BMW X3 (E83) was made by Magna Steyr, a subsidiary of Magna of Canada, in Graz, Austria under license from BMW until 2010. Over 45.973 were produced in 2009. Starting October 2010 the new BMW X3 (F25) is produced in BMW 's plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina, U.S.A. From September 2010, the plant is producing MINI Countryman. It is reported that about 56 per cent BMW brand vehicles produced are powered by petrol engines and the remaining 44 per cent are powered by diesel engines. Of those petrol vehicles, about 27 per cent are four cylinder models and about nine per cent are eight-cylinder models. Annual Production Year BMW MINI Rolls-Royce Motorcycle 2005 1,122,308 200,119 692 92,012 2006 1,179,317 186,674 847 103,759 2007 1,302,774 237,700 1,029 104,396 2008 1,203,482 235,019 1,417 104,220 2009 1,043,829 213,670 918 82,631 2010 1,236,989 241,043 3,221 99,236 Production by country Country Make 2006 2008 Models Germany BMW 905,057 901,898 Others Mexico BMW 1,500 100,000[ BMW X3, X5, 3, 5, 7-series Russia BMW 1,500 2,000 BMW X5, X6, 5-series United Kingdom Mini 187,454 235,019 All Minis Rolls-Royce 67 1,417 All Rolls-Royce Austria BMW 114,306 82,863 BMW X3 USA BMW 105,172 170,741 BMW X3, X5, X6 South Africa BMW 54,782 47,980 BMW 3-Series Total 1,366,838 1,439,918 BMW also
Open Document