Delta Airlines Contact Center : Analyisis of the Country Options
3065 WordsApr 9, 200813 Pages
Index INTRODUCTION 3
INTEGRATION OF THE DISCUSSION 6
Delta Air Lines, Inc. (Delta) is an air carrier that provides scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo throughout the United States and around the world. The Company offered customers service to destinations with Delta and Delta Connection carrier service to 321 destinations in 58 countries in January 2008. To Latin America and the Caribbean, Delta offered more than 500 weekly flights to 63 destinations in January 2008. It is a founding member of SkyTeam, a global airline alliance that provides customers with worldwide…show more content…
· The higher investment in infrastructure would make them more solid competitors in this industry.
· The poor planning on the exchange rate pegging could make costs very cheap.
· The strengthening of the infrastructure could further increase their competitiveness in this sector.
· The willingness to negotiate the location of the contact center by CORFO.
· The high network readiness from Chile could ease the adoption of the newest technologies in contact centers.
· The lack of competition leaves the contact center vulnerable to the rise of prices that the sole competitor in telecommunications sector can impose at will.
· A possible failure in the exchange rate pegging could make them loose attractiveness as a potential investment site due to the subsequent crisis.
· A rise of competition of contact center could create a “Dublinization” that would make salaries increase and therefore the overall costs would be considerably higher.
Integration of the Discussion
A major issue that is mentioned along the case is labor. The cost of labor, labor laws, qualified labor force, etc. Therefore it is really important to compare this variable among he Latin American countries, Mexico, Chile and Argentina.
It is very important to mention that when it comes to labor, Chile is the only country that has it as a positive aspect in the analysis. Chile has a competitive