Insurance Act of State Employees of 1948

1459 WordsJul 9, 20186 Pages
The ESI Act of 1948, is a self-financing social insurance and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. For all employees who earn 15,000 ( U.S. $ 240 ) or less per month as salary, the employer contributes 4.75 percent and 1.75 percent the employee contributes , the total share of 6.5 percent. The amount of the contribution must be deposited with the authorized bank ( SBI ) through Challan generated online , on or before the 21st day of the following month, the month following the calendar month. If the employee is based to 70 rupees daily average , which is exempt from his / her share of contribution. The employer has to pay his / her share of 4.75%. It is applicable to all factories that have 10 or more workers, regardless of…show more content…
• Elderly Health Care : Medical age old age for himself and his spouse at a nominal contribution of Rs.120 pa • Unemployment benefits payable to workers against involuntary retirement due to the closure of the factory or employment injury. The profit rate is just above 50 % of the daily wage for a maximum of 1 year. UNITED KINGDOM HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK ACT 1974 Duty of care for the safety of employees : The employer has an obligation to take reasonable precautions for the safety of their employees. ( This obligation customary law and the Law on Safety and Health at Work, 1974 is derived) . The right to a minimum wage of £ 6.31 over 21 years of age under the National Minimum Wage Act 1998 Employers are responsible for the acts of their employees if they are committed in the exercise of their functions. The duty of the employer is often expressed as an obligation to : - 1. ( A) provide a safe workplace ; Two . ( B ) providing a safe means of access to the workplace ; Three . ( C ) providing a safe system of work ; April . ( D ) provide adequate equipment and materials ; May . ( E) employ competent working peers , and 6. ( F ) protect employees from unnecessary risk of injury. The application of the general law to a wide range of specific situations (covering , for example , electricity at work,
Open Document