1. When we say that something gives us “energy,” what does that mean? What is a biological definition of energy?
When we say that something gives us “energy” it means that, that drink gave us power to get up and do things. It energizes us so we can accomplish something. The biological definition of energy is the strength and vitality required for sustained physical or mental activity.
2. What is the physiological role of each of the molecules in your table?
The role of each of the molecules in my table is to
1. Which ingredients provide energy? How do they do that?
Caffeine, sugars and many more provide energy by stimulating the central nervous system giving the body a sense of alertness. It can raise heart rate and…show more content…
But the chemical reactions required to consume this energy do require water.
7. Could you drink serve different purposes for different consumers? Explain.
Nos energy drink could be used to provide energy to those who play sports and need the energy, those who need the energy because of lack of sleep, or those who simply enjoy the taste of it.
7. What is the normal physiological response to increased intake of sugars? To increased intake of caffeine?
The glucose levels in the blood increase and cause and increase in insulin production with and increased amount of sugar intake. With an increase of caffeine intake the heart rate increases and cause anxiety, insomnia, and the blood vessels to expand.
8. Is there such a thing as “sugar high”? Explain your answer.
No, there is no such thing as sugar high. Many people believe sugar makes people hyper but that is a myth. It is because some people are low sugar tolerant and some have a higher toleration for sugar.
9. Evaluate, in terms of basic physiology and biochemistry, the statement: A lack of sleep causes a lack of energy.
Sleeping is essential for everyone and we at least need 6 hours of sleep a day to let our body rest after it has been active for many hours. One lacks energy because your body and brain did not have enough time to fuel up again so therefore one feels tired.
10. Are the product claims legitimate? Why?