MATLAB: An Introduction with Applications
MATLAB: An Introduction with Applications
6th Edition
ISBN: 9781119256830
Author: Amos Gilat
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Bartleby Related Questions Icon

Related questions

Question

1. Present the probability distribution for the sum of two six-sided dice (i.e., list the possible values of the random variable, X and each value’s corresponding probability). Use the x-axis above and rules of theoretical probability to help you calculate your probabilities. (Hint: there are 36 outcomes.) Present the probabilities as fractions (simplified or not simplified) or decimals (rounded to four decimal places) in a table.

2. Now calculate the theoretical probability that the player lands on “Reading Railroad” on their first turn. Using the probability distribution built in number 1, state this probability as a decimal rounded to four decimal places in a sentence.

3. Calculate the theoretical probability that the player will move no farther than “Reading Railroad” on the first turn. Using the probability distribution built in number 1, state this probability as a decimal rounded to four decimal places in a sentence.

4. Calculate the theoretical probability that the player moves farther than “Reading Railroad” on their first turn. Using the probability distribution built in number 1 state this probability as a decimal rounded to four decimal places in a sentence.

Options
Rolling 2 dice with 6 sides
1 run
5 runs
1000 runs
Reset
Analyze
Info
Runs
Event
Count
Total
Proportion
Sum of 2 roll(>=
Qutcomes
Frequency
6+
Convergence
Box 2: Use this box
to enter specific
values in part (b)-(d).
Box 1: Use the down
arrow to change the
equality/inequality sign
from >=, >, =, <=, or <
5.
You only need to
adjust the information
in Boxes 1 and 2 to
answer parts (b)-(d).
1-
YOUR RESULT WILL APPEAR HERE
Sum of 2 rolls
2,
II
expand button
Transcribed Image Text:Options Rolling 2 dice with 6 sides 1 run 5 runs 1000 runs Reset Analyze Info Runs Event Count Total Proportion Sum of 2 roll(>= Qutcomes Frequency 6+ Convergence Box 2: Use this box to enter specific values in part (b)-(d). Box 1: Use the down arrow to change the equality/inequality sign from >=, >, =, <=, or < 5. You only need to adjust the information in Boxes 1 and 2 to answer parts (b)-(d). 1- YOUR RESULT WILL APPEAR HERE Sum of 2 rolls 2, II
Expert Solution
Check Mark
Blurred answer
Knowledge Booster
Similar questions
  • Consider an economy with two states of nature and one time period. An option pays $3 in state 1 and $0 in state 2, and is being traded for the price of $1. A forward contract pays $3 in state 1 and -$2 in state 2. Using this information, compute the risk-free rate and the risk-neutral probabilities for each state of nature.
    A trader invented a strategy where he can either win or lose a certain amount of money every day (say, k dollars) with equal probability, independently of all other days. (In fact, such a strategy is not very difficult to implement - buy a very liquid asset whose price moves without major jumps and liquidate the position as soon as you are making or losing k dollars). He then made the following statement: “If I use my strategy every day for the next 400 days, my chances of staying within 10,000 dollars of the original account balance are equal to 1/3.(a) What is k (approximately)?(b) What are his chances (approximately) of making over 20,000 with this strategy in 400 days?
    32. A hardware company sells a lot of low-cost, highvolume products. For one such product, it is equallylikely that annual unit sales will be low or high. Ifsales are low (30,000), the company can sell theproduct for $20 per unit. If sales are high (70,000),a competitor will enter and the company will be ableto sell the product for only $15 per unit. The variablecost per unit has a 20% chance of being $10, a 60%chance of being $11, and a 20% chance of being $12.Annual fixed costs are $20,000.a. Use simulation to estimate the company’s expectedannual profit.b. Find a 95% interval for the company’s annualprofit, that is, an interval such that about 95% ofthe actual profits are inside it.c. Now suppose that annual unit sales, variable cost,and unit price are equal to their respective expectedvalues—that is, there is no uncertainty. Determinethe company’s annual profit for this scenario.d. Can you conclude from the results in parts a and cthat the expected profit from a simulation is…
  • The weather can be considered a stochastic system, because it evolves in a probabilistic manner from one day to the next. Suppose for a certain location that this probabilistic evolution satisfies the following description: The probability of rain tomorrow is 0.6 if it is raining today. The probability of it being clear (no rain) tomorrow is 0.8 if it is clear today. (For simplicity, you can assume clear = 0 and rain = 1) a. If today’s weather is clear, simulate the weather condition for the next 7 days. b. What kind of probability is used in the table above (Poisson distribution, Normal Distribution, Uniform distribution, Exponential distribution)? Explain your answer.
    A) Consider an individual who faces uncertainty about their health in the future. Health can be good with probability 94%, bad with probability 5%, and really ugly with probability 1%. C = 100,000 is consumption with good health, C = 50,000 is consumption with bad health, and C = 0 is consumption with really ugly health. Utility is . What is the actuarially fairly priced insurance that will compensate fully for the loss?   Group of answer choices   - $1000   - $2500   - $3500   - 0   B) Given the information of the last question, what is expected utility with no insurance?   Group of answer choices   - 308.43   - 0   - 30.843   - 100000   C) Given the information of the last two questions, what is expected utility with full insurance that is actuarially fairly priced?   Group of answer choices   - 0   - 310.64   - 308.43   - 96,500
    The space shuttle is about to go up on another flight.With probability pt(z), it will use z type t fuel cells duringthe flight. The shuttle has room for at most W fuel cells. Ifat any time during the flight, all the type t fuel cells burnout, a cost ct will be incurred. Assuming the goal is tominimize the expected cost due to fuel cell shortages, set upa dynamic programming model that could be used todetermine how to stock the space shuttle with fuel cells.There are T different types of fuel cells.
  • Kroger is in the process of designing a new store to be located in a plaza under development in Mason. They intend to use their Symmes Township store as a model, but they are concerned that the customer base in Mason might have different needs and expectations. One area of concern is in Service Meats. Grocery shoppers in Symmes Township expect a Service Meat counter, and the department has been quite profitable. Kroger would like to know if the expectation of having a Service Meat counter will be the same in Mason as it is in Symmes Township. They survey residents of both areas, and among the questions is, "Do you buy meat from the Service Meat counter on a regular (weekly) basis?" In Symmes Township, 505 out of 780 respondents said YES. In Mason 325 out of 620 respondents said YES. Using a = .05, test the claim that the percentage of grocery shoppers who use Service Meats is the same in these two areas of the city.
    3. Using the following table, perform ALL FIVE of the techniques for Decision Making under Uncertainty:  Maximax, Maximin, Hurwicz Realism (α = 0.4), LaPlace and Minimax Regret. You must show your work for obtaining the points.   SIZE OF FIRST STATION GOOD MARKET FAIR MARKET POOR MARKET ($) ($) ($) Small 50,000 20,000 -10,000 Medium 80,000 30,000 -20,000 Large 100,000 30,000 -40,000 Very large 300,000 25,000 -160,000
    Two players are engaged in a game of Chicken. There are two possible strategies, Swerve and Drive Straight. A player who chooses to Swerve is called Chicken and gets a payoff of zero, regardless of what the other player does. A player who chooses to Drive Straight gets a payoff of 36 if the other player swerves and a payoff of −36 if the other player also chooses to Drive Straight. Find the Nash equilibrium in mixed strategies. What is the probability of a crash in this mixed strategy Nash equilibrium?
    • SEE MORE QUESTIONS
    Recommended textbooks for you
  • MATLAB: An Introduction with Applications
    Statistics
    ISBN:9781119256830
    Author:Amos Gilat
    Publisher:John Wiley & Sons Inc
    Probability and Statistics for Engineering and th...
    Statistics
    ISBN:9781305251809
    Author:Jay L. Devore
    Publisher:Cengage Learning
    Statistics for The Behavioral Sciences (MindTap C...
    Statistics
    ISBN:9781305504912
    Author:Frederick J Gravetter, Larry B. Wallnau
    Publisher:Cengage Learning
  • Elementary Statistics: Picturing the World (7th E...
    Statistics
    ISBN:9780134683416
    Author:Ron Larson, Betsy Farber
    Publisher:PEARSON
    The Basic Practice of Statistics
    Statistics
    ISBN:9781319042578
    Author:David S. Moore, William I. Notz, Michael A. Fligner
    Publisher:W. H. Freeman
    Introduction to the Practice of Statistics
    Statistics
    ISBN:9781319013387
    Author:David S. Moore, George P. McCabe, Bruce A. Craig
    Publisher:W. H. Freeman
  • MATLAB: An Introduction with Applications
    Statistics
    ISBN:9781119256830
    Author:Amos Gilat
    Publisher:John Wiley & Sons Inc
    Probability and Statistics for Engineering and th...
    Statistics
    ISBN:9781305251809
    Author:Jay L. Devore
    Publisher:Cengage Learning
    Statistics for The Behavioral Sciences (MindTap C...
    Statistics
    ISBN:9781305504912
    Author:Frederick J Gravetter, Larry B. Wallnau
    Publisher:Cengage Learning
    Elementary Statistics: Picturing the World (7th E...
    Statistics
    ISBN:9780134683416
    Author:Ron Larson, Betsy Farber
    Publisher:PEARSON
    The Basic Practice of Statistics
    Statistics
    ISBN:9781319042578
    Author:David S. Moore, William I. Notz, Michael A. Fligner
    Publisher:W. H. Freeman
    Introduction to the Practice of Statistics
    Statistics
    ISBN:9781319013387
    Author:David S. Moore, George P. McCabe, Bruce A. Craig
    Publisher:W. H. Freeman