Components of a computer system:
- The computers are made up of various physical devices or components which are referred as hardware.
- A computer contains different types of devices.
- Examples for hardware are monitor, keyboard, mouse and many others.
- There are five components in the computer system; they are as follows:
- Central processing unit (CPU)
- Main memory
- Secondary storage devices
- Input devices
- Output devices
Central Processing Unit (CPU):
- The task performed by the computer is called as program execution. The execution process or task is carried out using the part of the computer named as “CPU”.
- It is the main component of a computer because without CPU, it is not possible to run any software.
- CPU is used to run or execute the programs in a computer.
- While executing the computer program, the main memory stores a computer program and also data of the program.
- Consider an example, suppose we are doing a PowerPoint program to write presentation for particular topics.
- Here, the PowerPoint program and presentation are stored in memory.
- It is also known as “RAM” or “Random Access Memory”...