Code of ethics:
- The “ethics” word comes from the Greek term “duty”. The code of ethics means all the responsibilities that professional must respect when carrying out their work.
- It also contains the core value of the work and the behavior which should be adopted.
Professional and confidentiality secrecy are responsibilities contained in code of ethics and conduct in numerous professions like accountants, lawyers, doctors and journalists.
Intent of the code of ethics:
- The intent of the code of ethics established by a professional order as a way to safeguard the public and the status of professionals.
- The employee who breach their code of ethics suffer disciplinary actions that can range from a warning or rebuke to dismissal or ejection from their professional order.
- It fulfills a legal requirement for protecting privacy of customers as well as clients.
- Personal information denotes anything that could be used to identify an individual.
- It represents a generalized treatment that tends to be more specific and detailed.