What is Primary Advertising?
- Primary demand advertising is also known as generic advertising which basically promotes a product of a company rather than promoting the company itself. For example, if people get to see the advertisement of facial moisturizer, then the benefit of the advertisement will be to the facial moisturizer company who is producing that particular product. Primary demand advertising is more of the general kind of advertisement which people get to sees on a regular basis on various digital platforms.
- Primary demand advertising is more of advertising a particular product of a brand. Such advertising strategy not only helps the brand to grow but also gives a better exposure to the newly launched products. Brand advertising can be done on various social media platforms especially those which create content. In such a way people not only get to see their favourite content creator advertising a particular product, they also tend to buy that product for which the primary demand advertising has been done which ultimately benefits the brand.
- Primary demand advertising plays a very important role in understanding what product does the consumer want to purchase in the long run. In other words, it can be said that the primary demand advertising mainly focuses on the advertising of a particular product of a specific brand.
- Primary demand advertising is one of the marketing strategies that is adopted by the brand or the company to promote the newly launched products or even some particular specific products to the consumer. When the advertising is done it instigates the consumer to buy that particular product of that specific company. Consequently, the specific brand gets profit as big cause like that one customer or consumer many consumers do demand the product for which the advertising is done.
- Primary demand advertising can be done by the manufacturer or even the government for promoting a particular campaign. The advertising campaign these days are done mainly through the social media where content creators create the video in such a manner that people get instigated to demand the new product and hence the primary demand gets created. As a result of which that particular brand increases its market share while being a perfect competitor in the industry.
- Typically, the advertising messages product of a particular brand is very explicit which stimulates demand among consumers. The strategy of the particular brand for the advertising campaign is set before hand as there is different product category of that particular brand.
- The advertising can be mainly of two types, to promote a product or a brand.
- Firstly, it is the primary demand advertising and secondly it is the selective demand advertising. In case of selective demand advertising the advertising strategy of brand is usually to promote the brand itself and not only the particular product of that brand or company.
- For example, when the advertising is done in such a way which not only talks about the product but also what are the other things that a brand does for the welfare of their consumer, that stage is to be called selective demand advertising. This is a more in-depth kind of advertising where the brand itself is the mean content for the advertisements to be promoted.
Primary Demand Advertising Versus Selective Demand Advertising:
- In this Case No matter what the product category is, the main target of the brand is to focus on the selective demand that the consumer can have for the product or the brand itself. The demand stimulation particularly the secondary demand is done by various kind of demand ads which is basically a part of the selective demand advertising. This is because in case of the primary demand advertising the main objective of the company is to attract the demand or target audience in terms of a particular product of that brand.
- But in case of selective demand advertising, the main objective of the brand is to target audience for the brand itself. It is generally the case for the consumers that once they start to get better utility from a specific product of a particular brand, it is more likely that he or she will go back to that company for further purchase of products. Therefore, product advertising, branding, primary demand ads which are done in the primary demand's advertising for the sake of primary demand stimulation, is very important for a brand to grow. Also, it is important to keep in mind that the brand can only use these advertising strategies when the brand have grown to such a level where it can compete with other competitors in the industry. This is because, the advertising of various kinds of companies are done in order to show that how one company or brand is different from the others. This won't be possible if a company is having no competitors or competition in the market.
- In conclusion it can be said that both primary demand advertising and selective demand advertising are important for the matter of fact that the company is having competitors in the market and each of the brand wants to stand out from that competition so that the consumer buy more of their goods and services booster. This is the reason both in case of the primary and selective demand advertising, videos on product campaign and brand campaign are shot.
- Therefore, in certain cases the help of the advertisements is taken in order to show various comparisons between products available in the market. In case of the primary demand advertising poster is used and in case of selective demand advertising various comparisons between the brands is shown to the customer or consumer so that they get inclined towards the product from a particular brand which they think to be worth the money.
- Initially brands use primary demand advertising but as they grow, they tend to move towards selective demand advertising. As because this helps them to grab a better market share in the industry and also attract the demand of general consumers, as because at the end of the day the main motive of any brand or company is to earn profit.
Content and Applications:
This topic is significant in the professional exams for both undergraduate and graduate courses, especially for
- Bachelors of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Master of Commerce
Want more help with your marketing homework?
*Response times may vary by subject and question complexity. Median response time is 34 minutes for paid subscribers and may be longer for promotional offers.
Primary Demand Advertising Homework Questions from Fellow Students
Browse our recently answered Primary Demand Advertising homework questions.