What is Advertising?
Advertising includes communicating with people regarding a product or any service or an idea to sell or promote them. Advertising attracts the consumer towards a specific brand or to a product of a brand which enables them to buy products from that company and hence the company can prosper. Advertising is important both for the company which is in the industry for a longer period of time and even for those who are just starting up with their business. These days it is found that not only the transmission of the messages of a particular brand is done through television or radio but also it is done on the social media platform. Particularly for homegrown brands, social media has become one of the most important platforms which promote the advertising of their products and attract consumer to demand the same. The strategy to have a good advertising background is important for marketing a particular company or a brand.
Understanding Selective Demand Advertising
- Selective demand advertising includes the deployment of the messages of advertising in such a way that it intends to satisfy the needs of the customer and also portray the message of benefits of some of the specific brand. The other name for selective demand advertising is selective product advertising. Specifically, the selective ads are pointed at a particular segment of the market in which the features of the product and as well as the benefits of the product orient well with each other depending on the needs of the customer.
- However selective product advertising or selective demand advertising is somewhat different from primary demand advertising. Concerning the primary demand, the advertisement company does try to create a specific product category but keeping that in contrast to a specific brand. This kind of primary demand advertising is done when the new product of a particular company comes into existence.
When selective demand advertising is executive for a company, the advertising company specifically uses any one of the three positioning themes which can help the company to prosper well. The three positioning themes are namely benefited, user and competitive.
- According to benefit positioning, the main point or the main focus of the advertisement is just to show up the advantages of the product itself. On the other hand, user positioning talks about the message which is delivered and focuses on the benefit that the customer will receive by using that particular product.
- Competitive positioning involves various kinds of comparisons of a particular company with other available competitors of that company in the industry to show that the product of the company which is advertising, is superior to the products produced by its competitors.
- Differentiation is again one of the most important factors which play a role in the three different kinds of positioning themes based on the need of the brand booster if the specific product of the company is not having any unique features or even better quality of service that can make it distinguish from the brand or other competitors. It will be very difficult for a company to take a position in such a monopolistic competitive market.
- Product differentiation is one of the most important features of the oncology competitive market as the product sold in this kind of competition is different as it is a strategy that is adopted by the brand or the company to have some power to exercise over the price and also provide differentiated product in terms of quality service from its competitors that can help the company to stand out in the long run in the industry.
This can be understood with the help of an example,
Suppose that a beauty brand comes up with a certain kind of cosmetic or skincare product that is specifically targeted for those who suffer from dry skin. Now the beauty company will formulate certain advertising campaigns, advertising messages, competitive advertising which will enable that particular brand to stand out in a distinguishing manner from its competitor. This will result in the dim and stimulation of the consumers who are willing to buy that product. Therefore, selective demand advertising is done not only through advertising on television or radio but also through social medias. There are various kinds of video platforms that enable the customers or consumers to get to know about the particular brand and also get proper information about what kind of product is that and how will it perform specifically in terms of the target market and also the target audience.
Advertising of a specific brand is very important when it comes to the marketing factor of the company. The primary demand is stimulated through advertising, more specifically through selective dim and advertising as the content of the advertisement not only advertise that particular commodity or economic good but also portrays the advertising message in such a way that the objective of the target audience is fulfilled with the consumption or usage of that product. Of campaign for that particular product can be undertaken so that it reaches the audience in a better manner which will ultimately result in the profit-making motives of the company and also promote the product.
Therefore, in conclusion, it can be said that selective demand advertising plays a very important role in creating the demand of the consumer, marketing the product, to create a particular strategy that will help the company to attract consumer demand and other factors which help in promoting the product of a particular company. Therefore this kind of advertising requires evaluation of variables kind of studies which involve campaign of the product, what kind of customer does that product want to target or it can be said that what kind of target audience should be there for that particular product and so on. Therefore, select demand advertising plays a very important role for a company so that it can make a profit in the long run and can also sustain itself in the industry along with its competitors or even stand out from its competitors or from its competitors in the long run.
Context and Applications
This topic is significant in the professional exams for both undergraduate and graduate courses, especially for
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Master of Commerce
Want more help with your marketing homework?
*Response times may vary by subject and question complexity. Median response time is 34 minutes for paid subscribers and may be longer for promotional offers.
Selective Demand Advertising Homework Questions from Fellow Students
Browse our recently answered Selective Demand Advertising homework questions.