1. 4 C’s Stakeholder Analysis
Based on the background of “the era of the Digital lifestyle”, iTunes 3 target customers are;
Stakeholder Stake in the project Potential impact on Project Growth percentage of online distribution Perceived attitudes and/or risks
12 – 24 years Downloaded an average of 12 tunes per month, housing libraries between 25 to more than 300,000 songs from the internet High 59% • Unlimited library of songs and videos by genre, artist and album
• Software design is attractive and easy to use
• Sound in industry standard Dolby Advanced Audio, allowing CD quality sound
• Better data compression allowing users to store more files more quickly
• There was no subscription fee but songs were not free
•…show more content… - The song list is limited to about 200,000.
- This service is exclusive to Mac users, thus other PC users cannot access it.
Buymusic.com - A range in cost for songs
- Users had to go through end-use agreements before owning a song
- One cannot navigate their downloads
- Songs were not compatible to the popular ipod player - One cost for all songs
- Site is consumer friendly
- Songs are searchable by title, artist, album and genre before downloading
- The ipod player is an Apple brand. - 300,000 song library
- Costs as little as $0.79
- Downloads available as individual songs or albums
- Downloads are not limited directly to the desktop, but other media
- Extensive peripheral memory devices store
- Different content and usage rules based on the number of computer transfers, CD burns and portable music transfers
- Services offered to the larger PC users (Windows technology) - The song list is limited to about 200,000.
- Costs $ 0.99, Buymusic.com offers a lower rate. This can be more attractive to the (12 – 24 year olds) customer target.
- Mass transfers of downloads are limited to ipods.
- Apple users are at 4% computer market, failing to convert Windows PC users. BuyMusic. Com has a larger audience offering the same service.
Music Stores - A song/ album costs more
- Stores were located in specific areas
- The consumer does not have control of the playlist
- Tedious to look different at prices from one store to