Browse All Chapters of This Textbook
The market-leading textbook for the course, Winston's OPERATIONS RESEARCH owes much of its success to its practical orientation and consistent emphasis on model formulation and model building. It moves beyond a mere study of algorithms without sacrificing the rigor that faculty desire. As in every edition, Winston reinforces the book's successful features and coverage with the most recent developments in the field. The Student Suite CD-ROM, which now accompanies every new copy of the text, contains the latest versions of commercial software for optimization, simulation, and decision analysis.
- NEW!-This edition places greater emphasis on spreadsheets, with more examples and instructions appearing throughout the text.
- NEW!-The Student Suite CD-ROM that accompanies every new copy of the text contains the latest versions of commercial software, including LINDO, LINGO, Premium Solver, NeuralWorks Predict, DecisionTools Suite (@RISK, PrecisionTree, and BestFit), StatPro, and ProcessModel.
- NEW!-Over 200 new exercises have been added, and hundreds have been revised.
- NEW!-The text now includes output and instructions for using ProcessModel and @Risk, two popular professional simulation software packages.
- NEW!-Many new examples are taken from hot emerging disciplines such as financial engineering.
- The book's emphasis on model formulation and model building throughout reinforces the practical approach taken by this text.
- The rich and thorough examples and exercises offer excellent applications to industry.
Sample Solutions for this Textbook
We offer sample solutions for Operations Research : Applications and Algorithms homework problems. See examples below:
More Editions of This Book
Corresponding editions of this textbook are also available below: