CHCCS400C – Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework:
What you have to do
Students need to complete all four (4) tasks:
Complete 12 short answer questions based on the learning material.
Complete five (5) short answer questions based on the learning material and the case study
Complete three (3) short answer questions based on the learning material and the case study Task D
Complete two (2) short answer questions based on the learning material and the case study
You need to have read through the learning material for CHCCS400C Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework and any additional resources on the OLS before commencing this assignment.
Please reference your work. Referencing…show more content… Case study
John Williams is an 88 year-old resident of your aged care facility and has entered the palliative care stage of his life after being at your facility for eight years. He has been well liked by all the staff and has many regular visits from immediate family and friends. His immediate family are his two sons and three daughters.
You have been caring for John exclusively for the past four weeks on day duty. John has expressed in writing to the facility that he does not want any medical intervention in the last stages of his life and does not want to move from the facility to a hospital.
As John’s condition has worsened friction is showing between the family members as one of his sons and two of his daughters’ want him moved to a hospital as they feel medical intervention will prolong his life.
Answer the following questions based on the case study:
1. How would you find out what your roles and responsibilities are as an aged care worker?
2. What would be your roles and responsibilities as the aged care worker in this case study?
3. Identify and discuss two (2) ethical dilemmas that you might experience as the worker from this case study.
4. Identify a problem solving model for managing an ethical dilemma.
5. Discuss your duty of care to John and his children.