This best-selling classical mechanics text, written for the advanced undergraduate one- or two-semester course, provides a complete account of the classical mechanics of particles, systems of particles, and rigid bodies. Vector calculus is used extensively to explore topics. The Lagrangian formulation of mechanics is introduced early to show its powerful problem solving ability.. Modern notation and terminology are used throughout in support of the text's objective: to facilitate students' transition to advanced physics and the mathematical formalism needed for the quantum theory of physics. CLASSICAL DYNAMICS OF PARTICLES AND SYSTEMS can easily be used for a one-or two-semester course, depending on the instructor's choice of topics.
New to the Edition
- New problems and examples have been added to provide students with ample opportunity to master the material.
- The Fifth Edition features a classic and accessible design to engage today's visually oriented students.
- To reinforce and enhance the connection between important content points and supporting visuals, new FIGURE CAPTIONS accompany the text art.
- Written for maximum flexibility, this best-selling junior level mechanics text is easily adaptable to any length-one-or two-semester-or focus of course.
- LAGRANGIAN and HAMILTONIAN DYNAMICS are introduced early in the text.
- This text has an entire chapter on NONLINEAR METHODS.
- NUMERICAL METHODS PROBLEMS are included for students to solve using a computer.