Interpretation: The law of conservation of mass should be satisfied or not for the given condition should be explain.
- On accordance with law of conservation of mass, for any chemical reaction, total masses of reactants and products must be equal.
To calculate the nuclear binding energy:
- Firstly determine the difference between the mass of the nucleus and the mass of all the protons and neutrons, which yields the mass defect.
- Next, we must apply Einstein mass – energy relationship.
- The nuclear binding energy per nucleon is given by the following equation
- Nuclear binding energy per nucleus=
- Einstein mass energy relationship [
To Explain: The law of conservation of mass really violet in this case.